Sunday, March 25, 2012

A CI Moment at the Museum

Last week a friend and I went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see the Van Gogh exhibit.  I donned an audio tour, wondering whether I'd be able to hear more of the commentary than I had with only my hearing aids.  I could!

Putting the earphones in my ears, like hearing people do, did not work.  I had to hold the right earphone and move it around until I located the "sweet spot"--near my CI microphones.  Then I had to hold it in place there whenever I hit the play button to hear the commentary about a new painting.  I could have handled it a bit more easily if I had been an octopus, but I managed with  my two hands.  It was a pleasure!

Other than that, things are pretty much the same.  The spot behind my ear still hurts, especially when I remove the processor, but not as much as it did before.  Acquaintances I bump into are still surprised to learn how little I heard before my CI and how much more I can hear now.   I am still doing very well, but I don't hear everything and I do need to ask for repeats sometimes.  And I am still counting my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment