Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today

This morning we were expecting a painter to arrive at 9:00 to discuss a paint job.  So we dutifully got up, straightened up, etc. and then I started to put on my CI.  Except I couldn't!  For 20 minutes I fished around for the magnet to suck onto the implant, Lee helping me for about half the time, but no matter where I moved it there was no "grab."  Finally, in disgust, I set it down on the counter and answered the door, deaf on the right side.

We discussed the project and then the painter left and I went back to my CI task.  It worked on my second go-round!  And it's been successfully hanging where it belongs since then.  But what frustration!

I'm getting the hang of listening to my Kindle read while I look at the text.  I can now turn the Kindle on and off when I want to and get it to pick up where we last stopped when I get back to it again.  I try sometimes to not look at the text, but just to listen.  That's difficult for me because I do not understand a lot and then I can't find where I am in the text.  So, for now, I think I need both to hear and to read.  And there's still a lot I don't know about the Kindle.

But mostly I'm going forward, not backward, so that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment