Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles

Last night I tried talking on a regular cell phone.  It worked!!!  With my CI side, I understood what my fast-talking daughter on the other coast was saying to me!  Then I called at least another dozen people and understood them all.  Yes, each one sounded like Minnie Mouse, but I could comprehend almost all of what each one said.  I could not believe it.  I am thrilled beyond belief!  I feel a new-found freedom.

I was pressed to try the cell phone because my computer system was down, and with it my captioned phones.  So I felt I couldn't talk on the phone and I couldn't get the emails I thought were trying to reach me, several of them very important.  I also couldn't practice listening.  Then I remembered that my audi had said on Friday that for phone use, cell phones would probably work best.  So I used my husband's to call him here in the house and could hear him. Then I went on to the greater world.  I had trouble stopping!

I had a couple of other newsworthy events yesterday.  I walked to the dentist's and I think I heard birds chirping as I was walking.  When I was there my dentist donned his mask, of course, and I was able to understand everything he said anyway.  I am making amazing progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment