Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pain and Tylenol

The sporadic pain still bothers me sometimes, throbbing slowly for a while.  If I then take Tylenol, it generally disappears within 20 minutes or so.  Then again, if I don't have the Tylenol nearby and I postpone taking it for a while, the pain also usually disappears within 20 minutes or so.  Not always, but usually.  So what does that suggest?  I'm not sure, especially since it's throbbing right now and I took Tylenol less than 2 hours ago.

Someone emailed me yesterday to tell me that her surgeon had told her not to use an electric toothbrush after CI surgery.  I asked my surgeon and his nurse said it was fine to use one.  So does that clear up that issue?

I'm trying to pay attention to what I hear, and don't, these days.  Being deaf in one ear and almost deaf in the other certainly does make outside sounds seem farther away and softer.  I feel as if people are whispering instead of talking around me.  Of course, still having some of that cold doesn't help.  But there is not a huge difference in what I can and can't hear.  I still can't hear much, but I couldn't before the surgery either.

Fifteen days until activation.  I hope there will be a big difference then.

No comments:

Post a Comment