Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ready to drive?

I'm still not ready to drive, although it has been more than four days since I took anything stronger than Tylenol.  How do I know?

Well, this morning I made oatmeal for us.  When I opened the microwave, I was dumbfounded to see it slithering down the side of the Corning Ware bowl to join the glob of goop lying on the glass plate leaning against the bottom of the bowl.  I tried to figure out what had happened while we cleaned up the mess.  Then it dawned on me: I had added instant hot water to the dry oatmeal, rather than cold, before I placed the bowl in the microwave!  Then, to save what was left in the bowl, I next added cold water to make it thinner. 

I think I'd better stay in the passenger seat for at least another few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment