Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Progress

One of the things that helped with the almost-nauseous feeling was wrist pressure bands.  I put them on yesterday afternoon, having remembered that we had some, and kept them on all day.  I took them off when I went to bed for the night and didn't miss them overnight, even when I woke up, but this morning when nothing sounded good for breakfast, I put them back on.  They definitely help me.

My cold continues to be my main complaint.  I even sneezed a few times today (something I'm not supposed to do but couldn't help) and was very concerned that I was knocking something out of place.  But I did keep my mouth open and, as far as I can tell, I did no damage. 

I took a shower this morning and everyone in the house was very relieved (-:.  I still don't have much of an appetite, but if I lose a few pounds this week, that will not be bad. 

The main change in what I feel is that I now have sporadic sharp pinches on the implant side (it feels like they come from deep in my eardrum), as predicted in the literature.  I am also still very tired.   I slept 12 hours last night and just took a nap for about an hour.  That, too, matches the predictions I've seen throughout the SayWhatClub emails. 

I think my hearing on the damaged (not deaf) side is a bit better today than it was yesterday.  Maybe the cold is beginning to recede.

No comments:

Post a Comment